Friday, August 04, 2006

Coming home for the last time

Even though what's-left-of-my-family all live in California, I would appear to be all on my own this week. Even though I have a relation 10 minutes away, no one offered to fetch me from the airport. No one seemed to care if I got to my mother's house or not. Just-get-the-damned-house-clean-because-everyone-wants-their-cash-halleluja-and-ciao.

Cleaning out is hard enough, but staying alone in my mother's house is going to gut me. There is a void where she used to be. There is a void in the spot that held us all together. And I am too wearied by the narcissism and the self-pity to keep patching dykes. If you can't let of things after two decades, then there never was any hope. Take your grudges and entertain someone else.

I need to empty this cupboard, but all I can do is stand in the kitchen and cry.

Dr. Lorimer arrives Tuesday night to help. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

7 Comments:

  Blogger Jess hath spake:

Oh Narr, I'm so sorry it's all worked out like this. I hope Tuesday brings relief.

  Blogger Emma hath spake:

I hope you're ok! I'm just a text message away, you know...

  Blogger myo hath spake:

What a horrible time for you.

  Blogger transparency hath spake:

*hug*

  Blogger H hath spake:

I qam back from Grand Rapids, and Packing for California. I will see you very soon. Both my brother and I live thousands of miles away from our parents, may they live well for many years yet.

  Blogger skittledog hath spake:

I'm so sorry for you, with all this unnecessary stress and horridness.

Take comfort in your friends, yes?

  Blogger Narrisch hath spake:

Thank you guys. I hate to whine publically but I guess we all need to dump somewhere sometimes.

At least the weather is perfect, right? If you have to do an awful job, it's not so bad when it's in a perfect location.

And there are good things coming up. School starts in two weeks and I have another class with my dear Dr. 2Wordy. And NY is soon. :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home