Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bookish Practicalities

LibraryThing is turning out to be good for more than "Oooo lookit all me books". I know. Shocking, 'innit?

  • Discovering duplicate copies. (As in: Why, why, why do I have 3 copies of Jane Eyre??)


  • Pinpointing which books have gone walkabout over the years. The ones I don't remember are probably no great loss, but the ones I miss and can't locate are.


  • Finding gaps in series. (Ehm, why do we have books 2 and 3, but not 1?)


  • Realizing just how many Pratchetts we have accumulated. (Egad, we have HOW many?)

2 Comments:

  Blogger No hath spake:

well, i'm personally keeping a list of my books ahem i should say lists as i have more than one, so i'm not so much interested in the librarything. and... don't know why, feels like going naked outside if i start making one online. how weird.

  Blogger Archie Furrows hath spake:

I know what you mean, Dana.

I realised I have a Jasper Fforde missing from my shelves!

Post a Comment

<< Home