Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bookish Voyeurism

I'm a sucker for gizmos and statistics.

In LibraryThing, you can add other users to what they call your 'watch list'. The watch list appears in the sidebar of your profile page. This makes it easy to see your friends' collections grow.

Anytime you click into another user's catalog, LibraryThing helpfully tells you how many books you have in common with that person.

As of yesterday today:

  • Daisy and I currently share 62 books. (cool, go Daisy!)
  • Indy and I currently share 42 books.
  • Skywolf and I currently share 26 books.
  • Skits and I currently share 20 books
  • Emma and I currently share 20 books
  • Rian and I currently share 3 books.
  • Emano needs to add more books.


Updated to add Emma and Skits

4 Comments:

  Blogger skittledog hath spake:

You are all so evil.

I succumbed.

I'm such a sheep. Baa.

  Blogger La Tulipe hath spake:

Rian has so far been Very Strong.

Only new books go in the list.

says Rian, very, very firmly.

  Blogger H hath spake:

Why only new books? Isn't the point ALL books (says H how hasn't the time to enter any)

  Blogger skittledog hath spake:

The fun thing is entering all your RH books and then noticing how some of the names in the "people with the same books as you" suddenly look surprisingly familiar...

Post a Comment

<< Home