Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And the winner of the Carmel Silver Polishing Championship is...

Unbelievably, a week has already come and gone. Dr. Lorimer and I drifted through the Monterey Aquarium yesterday before I took her back to the airport. Everyone should have their own Dr. L -- mine pressed fresh coffee into my hand every morning, grilled steak, and polished silver like a Victorian pro. And then she flew off back into the sunset from whence she came.

Sniff.

But sometime early this morning my phone went bleepity-bleep: Larsie has left Nevada, helloooooo California! He is en route with vehicle. We shall pack up whatever Narrisch chooses to keep and slowly drive back to Colorado.





IMG_0814
We learned that jellyfish are incredibly difficult to photograph


IMG_0823
Whaddre'you starin' at?


Just for Em
And of course, one just for Em

10 Comments:

  Blogger biped hath spake:

I'm impressed to hear that h is so versatile. If she can ride rodeos as well I'll have to call her a renaissance woman.

And I covet your camera, that is a very nice aquarium

  Blogger La Tulipe hath spake:

Can Rian call him Larsie in NY?

  Blogger Emma hath spake:

Ah, he ain't so big.

She says, from behind the couch and under a blankie.

  Blogger Skywolf hath spake:

Ah, that tank was so beautiful when I visited Monterey Aquarium... I stared at it for ages.

And they had some of the most stunning jellyfish I've ever seen.

  Blogger H hath spake:

Narrisch did better than I did with the jellyfish, I have sooo many pictures that didn't turn out. The air was so wonderful in Carmel, and on that last day before I flew away, I wished I'd had another week to explore and eat fresh fish, and linger over dinner with good company and good conversation.

It was good for me, I have been busily working on my kitchen today... A lesson to all, be organized, and get rid of junk... Now can I actually learn that lesson myself? Can decades of pack-rattyness, and pathological disorganization be cured in a few days? *sigh*

  Blogger myo hath spake:

We learned that jellyfish are incredibly difficult to photograph
I would be thrilled to have taken that picture

  Blogger Archie Furrows hath spake:

That fish reminds of of Londo, somehow.

  Blogger No hath spake:

Dr L. makes me think of Wonder Woman.

*hugs*

  Blogger H hath spake:

No, not Wonder Woman.... Have my good moments, and my less good ones. I like polishing silver though, such a dramatic improvement. A good job for a monotasker.

  Blogger Archie Furrows hath spake:

Have a safe journey home, Dana.

Post a Comment

<< Home